Friday, September 21, 2007

One Week!

Today marked the end of week one of my new job at Kemp! What do I do you ask? Well, lots of things! Legos (I built a house today), etch-a-sketching, basketball (aka shooting a 4-square ball in a trash can), read lots of kids' books, hangman, do bubble letters, read things out loud, count play money, go to the playground (sadly i have to watch), wear scrubs, play lots of games, etc. There's a little more to it but it's complicated so just ask! It's got its interesting moments but I am really enjoying it. I get to hang out with some kids who've had some tough stuff go on in their lives and we talk about it/ work on stuff that will help them in the classroom! Let me tell you, I work with some really bright kids (and very sweet too). Working in an elementary school is really funny at times too. This morning after repeatedly telling kids to be quiet or they would have to sit on the floor facing the wall, I had 2 kids cry on me for punishing them, and it was only 7:45... I get there at 7:15 to welcome the kids off the buses. Definitely a difference from doing the whole middle school and older thing:) but i'm learning! I'm particularly fond of the jeans and bryan high t-shirt on friday tradition:) that's all i got for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home