Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Crush Reality...aka new poem:)

Bring on the feedback please...I like this one.

I feel like I’ve had crushes on you
But I want to fall deeply,
Headlong,
Desperately,
In love with you.
For good.
With every ounce of my heart.
For better and for worse.
Til death do us part.
Only we don’t have to!
There is no death.
Only life.
This is a difficult concept to grasp.
Help.
Help me get how long,
How wide,
How high,
How deep
Is the love of Christ for me.
For us.

And at the same time
I want to know
That you’re in it
For good.
That you deeply,
Headlong,
Desperately,
Love me.
That you want me.
For good.
The pain of the past
Knocks at my door
Seeking entrance.
Wearily at first instinct
I try and open that door
Once again.
Embrace my old me
And push it out
To make room for the new one
Two of me is far too much
The new one please.
Show me your permanence
That I would allow my heart your entrance
Rejection is gut-wrenching
Bring healing and reminding
That you’re not leaving
And all these things I’m dreaming
Aren’t truth

We are for good
We are for forever
There is no death
Only life
And amidst this strife
Is beauty
Of you, your cross and your life
There is mutual wantance
Based on my forgiveness
From your gracious self
Without it, I’m basically bound for hell
But instead my heart soars
As I embrace this deep love, Yours
And fall deeply,
Headlong,
Desperately,
In love with you.
Forever.
Starting…
Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home