Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mesmerized and Side Tracked at the Same Time...

Wrote this tonight! Still hasn't been edited so this is really more the raw version aka what popped into my head tonight....when I'm inspired, I write! Enjoy, and as always, comment away!

Mesmerized
Sweetly broken
Nowhere to turn
Nowhere to look
But up
Side to side is no help
Without the source
It’s all in vain
And yet laboriously
I continue to confide
In those from my left
To my right side
When will I get it?
When will I throw me aside
For good?
Why must this battle ensue within me?
I know the answer
This I have heard plenty
Once I switched sides
This battle will continue
To ensue until the day I die
My victory is won
And that day will come
When Satan will be vanquished
And my heart will feel no more anguish
True I have faced less in life
Than many people
But that doesn’t mean I’ve been protected by the steeple
Encouraged, Built up,
Torn down, frustrated
But as much as I’ve been berated
I’ve also become elated
At seeing the body in action on this earth
Seeking to be what Christ meant first
Before Satan maimed
Jesus’s bride
And now it’s high tide
And the water’s coming in
God’s work continues to win
It started a long time ago
Before time was to begin
And yet sitting back in perspective
My heart, mind, soul becomes reflective
When I fight alone
I am sitting
Inviting Satan into my home
And it is only fitting
That I will lose this war and become Lucifer’s clone
This daily war I fight
We all fight
Apart we are nothing
But together we stand in unity
Not just a community
But a force
Of something,
Or rather someone
Far greater than us
And with Him
We can fight
And we will win!
Sound the battle cry!
Satan,
You must die!
In every aspect of our lives!
We brandish the weapons of the King
Taking captive all thoughts from Death’s sting
We will not bend to this thing
This being
That claims to be King
Only the king of deceit
Our loyalty is to the true Lion and Lamb
And it is with swift feet
That we see this Antichrist’s defeat
Sound the trumpets of his victory!
Where O death is your sting?
It holds no power
As it has been destroyed by the God of the Hour
The day, the month, the year, the millennium
No wait
Time has not bound him!
Praise God for leading us to Him
I don’t know whether I would have found Him
Wretch as I am
And though this life is at times long
Praise the Lord for breath
To sing this song!
My heart sings your praise
And with that
To you my songs will raise
No matter the day
No matter the time
This is my pledge
This is my sign
My heart, my very being I give to you
Take me away from the tyranny of the urgent
And fill me with Christ’s aroma,
Completely with his scent
Inside and out
Til I’m yours
Without any doubt
Totally sold out.

2 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger D.O. said...

yeah man. Keep writing. That's just fine.

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it
love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home