Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Oh da Weddings




Well, I went to wedding number 7 this past weekend, yes number 7 of the summer, that is correct. Throughout the summer, I've made some observations as I've watched multiple events. I've been to weddings that the goal is to glorify Jesus and I've been to the weddings where they say Jesus who? I for one love weddings, even though I know a lot of girls sit and compare the current wedding to their own (whether it be past or future...and you think I'm kidding), and I think this is a good thing (that I love weddings), because as a girl, it is difficult sometimes to be content with where God has placed you in life. This isn't to say I'm perfect, far from it, but merely to say that I thoroughly enjoy going to weddings and praise the Lord I'm content! That was a bit of a tangent...continuing...and switching gears...there's something I learned about in Biology freshman year at A&M called the Sum of the Emergent Parts, and unlike everything else in that class, I cannot forget about it. The Sum of Emergent Parts in Kelly words says: When you add things together in science, the whole of the ingredients is far greater than they ever were as separate entities. The second I heard this theory, rule, whatever (I usually am not a big science fan) marriage sprang to mind. When two people, correction, two believers, by God's grace, are put together, we should see an explosion of Jesus! Together, we should see their lives as far better, far more glorifying to the Lord, than if they were apart. By this, we KNOW that God is the center, because man could never have built a relationship like this. I love it when you see how science ties into Jesus. It's so cool. I've also come to the conclusion that marriage is a miracle of the Lord, at least in the attempt to make it God-glorifying. The process leading up to it, the perseverance during it, it's so God-put together. It's amazing to get to watch people begin their journey in life together. Rehearsal dinners are my favorite. I love hearing about the way the Lord has used these two people to affect those around them. How much more we as believers should get excited to see/hear what God will do through them once united! This may be a bit of a heavy topic, but since it has been such a great part of the last two summers (16 in all), I felt as though I should broach the subject...I think I could write thoughts down on this for hours, but that's all I got today. Here's a picture from the latest wedding of Amanda Nelson Joiner...a few pics including me wearing a matching dress with my new cousin-in-law, Kelly. :)

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Hendrick Family said...

I'm commenting on all the posts that have no comments because it will make you happy.

And besides...why are there no comments on this post?

Someone should have told you by now that you look beautiful and that your dress is super groovy. I love it!

Heather

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger The Joiners said...

Hiiiiii! I have probably only read your blog like 3 times ever, but now I am going to make an effort to do so more often :)

Thanks for the shout-out at the end of this post, and I enjoyed your thoughts on marriage- so very true!

Oh, and I love that you and the other Kelly N. matched!! Love you!

Amanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home