Wednesday, June 20, 2007

By Faith...

"By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." Hebrews 11:8

Welcome to my life right now! The way all logistics go, I should be going anywhere in this world because there are jobs everywhere, especially in the big cities like in Dallas, where I'm from.

However, the Lord has made it abundantly clear that He is still not finished with me in College Station yet. So what decision have I made? I'm stepping out in faith. It sounds almost backwards because I am so familiar with College Station, yet I need a job to live and work there.This is where the faith part comes in (specifically that is).

I'm moving back to College Station after I go work at kamp (June 24-July 19th) and living with the wonderful Ashley Baldridge!

I keep thinking of Facing the Giants...the part where the coach is asked which farmer acted in faith, the one who prepared his fields, or the one who waited to see concrete evidence. (There's so much more to that scene but it escapes my mind right now!)

I know that since the Lord wants me in College Station, he will provide a job for me. Sadly, Brazos Christian didn't work out, but there's another school that won't be hiring until July, so I'll keep ya posted! And also, :) pray that I'm not really picky and want the perfect job, but that I'll take the one the Lord wants me at.

It's been a hard month, with BCS, my sweet little dog Sam had to be put to sleep, and a lot of other stuff. BUT...

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Word.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Hendrick Family said...

I'm so glad you are back. This really is a WISE decision. Wait on the Lord. When He speaks...Go. Until He does...just wait...and serve Him and grow.

Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home