Sunday, April 15, 2007

Oh Life, Sweet Life...


Proverbs 13:12

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

Word. Literally.

So I've been thinking about this verse a whole lot lately as I continue to ponder the next step. The most interesting part to me is the between the lines of this verse. PATIENCE in the waiting for the longing to be fulfilled. I feel like all I do in life these days is wait. It was really frustrating me for awhile (and it still can if i choose to let it) and then the Lord started to rock the boat on this. He's still rocking but i'm not sure what the rocking leads to:) Obviously in our times of waiting (I mean in life, we wait on the Lord all the time) God doesn't just want us to sit and twiddle our thumbs. He doesn't want us to be lazy and just sit around. So I've been workin the bucks and applying for different jobs and discipleship programs trying to be proactive about the future while balancing contentment with where I am now. Oh the patience required to live in the here and now! How cool is it though, that when that longing is fulfilled, it's gonna be tight! Such a good verse...aren't they all? Anyway, i'll keep ya posted when more is known...we will find out! And I just really like this picture from San Marcos 07:)

2 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so proud of my little kelly belly. i 4653729uosfjslkfjaslfkajdf;sldkfjafdkfaldkfjLOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE you!!!!!!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Whitney said...

so good to run into your sick self in the potty! i liked our over-the-stall convo! more to come, i hope!

in love-whit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home