Thursday, January 25, 2007

Judah. WHAT? WHAT?


So this week, there's this organization called Impact doing something called counselor selections. In a nutshell (a small one) the purpose of Impact is to have a retreat for incoming college freshmen with followup afterwards that provides these freshmen with opportunities to learn about how to get involved in a local church (HUGE) as well as develop some relationships with other believers before they head into college. Then they have some believers they're already connected with who can help get them plugged into the body in College Station. Tight right? Well anyway, the reason for this post is that this exact time last year, I was reading 281 applications for counselors to try and find 12 who my great partner matt and i felt fit our vision for camp. And when I say "our" vision, I mean the one the Lord gave us. From the beginning we knew a few things were set in stone. Family. That's what the body of Christ is and that's what we wanted to represent. The other was to have people in all different places in life. And authentic. We literally wanted to tell our freshmen, somebody here has been through that. And what happened? This exact time last year, I was introduced to 15 of my best friends. They don't even read this page but I like them so much I'm still writing about them:) Matt, Sarah, Elaine, Josh, Josh, Josh (yes there's three), Alex, Stephen, Russell, Claire, Dana, Faith, Kali, Lauren, and Stuts. (2 cochairs, 2 prayer teamers, 12 counselors:) Cheesy sounding? yes. But it's true. The Lord has lately been sharing with me the incredible community I have been blessed with whether they are physically gone or not. This is one of the awesome groups of people I am so incredibly thankful for. Family. Yah. We were the camp that was told to hang out with other people...really, but we like each other so much we would hang out 5 days a week...and bring anyone and everyone else along. All walks of life. Check. Aunthentic. Totally. Literally, from Mr. Perfect Christian to Miss Party Queen, we were able to share our struggles on everything with these freshmen. Even this week, I saw one today and talked to 4 of them. They will all be at my wedding one day, without a doubt. I remember reading pieces of paper and going, "Lord how in the world does this work?" and being BEYOND blessed now looking back a year later. My original thought, I just want to play with my friends before I graduate. Why would I do co-chair? And yet here I sit a year later, not even able to fathom how different my life would be without my Alpha Judah kids. It's not about an organization, it's about seeing the body come together for a common purpose, to share what Christ has shown us while in college and pour into our younger brothers and sisters. If it was about an organization, these relationships would have fallen apart a LONG time ago. Dang I'm blessed by these people. And on another note, pray for my dear little sister Chaney. She's really sick. Much love.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger lo said...

i love you
i love alpha judah 2k6


how's chaney feeling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home