Wednesday, December 27, 2006

One of the best kept Nall traditions...



is Santa! No, not the story or whatever about Santa-the wooden creature of Santa. You see about 3 or 4 years ago, we came home from school (A&M) to find this life size Santa carved out of wood, as featured above. After my parents left Santa out for Christmas, they realized that this 5 foot Santa would not fit in the attic, forcing them to leave it out year round but "hidden". Our family's favorite game became moving Santa around the house and using him to scare people. Example: My dear little sister Chaney scares so easily, that is she screeches and makes noises, so the favorite with her is to put it in front of her closed bedroom door. When she wakes up, SCREAM!!!, as she tiredly stumbles upon the wooden Santa, feeling like it's a person. Or then there's the time she was out with her friends and my buddy William and I put a jacket and a beanie on Santa and stuck him in her dark room for when she came home. Do not think this is all about Chaney though. Santa is constantly put behind corners to scare all members of our household. My parents are not exempt from this at all, seeing as they started it all! So just know, if you visit the Nall household, a little joke might be headed your way:) And I find it funny that out of all that I could write about right now, with graduating and about to start a new job, I write about our live in Santa. I start work on January 2nd so look for a new post soon!

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Ryan Price said...

yea for working in College Station!

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! My parents have that exact same Santa!
(though it is not nearly as much fun as your's sounds)

Merry Christmas Kelly!

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! My parents have that exact same Santa!
(though it is not nearly as much fun as your's sounds)

Merry Christmas Kelly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home