Sunday, December 03, 2006

Crepe Myrtle! Movin on up!





First the title just makes me laugh...jane long had this funny motto of movin on up with taks scores to motivate the kids and the teachers sang the song...but that has absolutely nothing to do with this post:) On Tuesday, I moved out of F3. It was a sad occasion but exciting to make the move to Crepe Myrtle-my new street. My new wonderful roommate is Elizabeth Adams. Now Elizabeth and I go way back...we were in a kabin at K-2 together after our freshmen year of high school...other cool people in the cabin with us were meredith spencer and stephanie hargrove (luke's wife, living hopers). I bonded with these girls for two weeks and then we just liked each other so much that we stayed in touch. Elizabeth almost came to Aggieland for undergrad and went to SMU last minute. She was almost my roommate for freshmen year here if she had come! When I'd go home, we'd hang out some and still had the kamp connnection and such. We even went to Kanakuk Connection (a conference) in Branson over Christmas break one time with Jessie boy and Jessie girl. Jessie boy decided on that trip that Elizabeth looked like a Laura and called her that all weekend...oh Jessie... She ended up moving here this year to do the accounting side of the ppa program and when i decided to stay in cs, i knew she had some available space! And I like her too:) So since I moved in on Tuesday, here are some of the highlights:
1) staying up late and talking- i like that!
2) buying a Christmas tree for the house and decorating it ($6 at Hobby Lobby)
3) watching D2
4) and as of today, going to the Bryan Holiday Parade to watch our friend Ben Carter do his Ross Volunteer thing! It was FREEZING but so much fun to go watch! We saw the RVs, the Fighting Texas Aggie Band, some guy dressed as cat in the hat, etc. And then we went to get coffee because our toes were numb...or at least mine were!

Here are some pics of my new house, the parade, and Elizabeth! Enjoy! Lo, I'm so excited to see you soon!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I love the new house. I love Elizabeth too. I have never run into an smu student that i actually know...more that i did Elizabeth Adams...while she was here. love, jill

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

more than...sorry
jill

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Williams Family said...

Hey Kelly,
I found your blog! yeah! I want you to visit my blog because you have been tagged! thewilliamsfantasticfour.blogspot

love,
Ana

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger lo said...

yay you have a new house and roommate!!!!!! :)

[my initial reaction to your new house and roommate :( solely because i am selfish and it isn't me]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home