Friday, September 22, 2006

Halfway-Heck Yes. HOPE Group.

So as previous posts have indicated, I am halfway through my student teaching at J Lo now! Weird, i'm like half done with my semester this afternoon. Funny. I feel as though I need to recount a wonderful story involving my favorite 2 year old from HOPE group, Sam Kinnard. Now I've known Sam since he was like 3 months old so we go way back. Personally I think Sam is one of the absolute coolest 2 year olds EVER. We take turns hangin with the kids during HOPE group and my turn was last night with my new friend Phillip. We had the Williams' children (all three boys under the age of 8), and a lovely little girl named Kaylin(sp?)...so anyway...i'll try to keep this somewhat short:) I thought this story was far better than any of my recent J Lo stories...although I have a kid named Jose and his TWIN brother is also Jose...what??? back to Sam. So Ashley and Jason have built a deck on the back of their house with some wonderful benches to sit on. Sam happened to be perched on top of one and Kaylin got mad...watch out. She pushed Sam off the bench onto the ground behind him and he was sobbing and screaming and I watched it, feeling like slow motion..."NOOOOOOOO!!!!" So anyway thinking Sam might be seriously hurt, I tried to go to him and in the process of stepping down I guess I leaped off the porch and fell funny on my right ankle...so now, not only is Sam sobbing/screaming on the ground with no one to help him, now I am laying next to him shrieking in pain as well, yelling to phillip, "GET ASHLEY!!!" So Ashley comes out and Sam ended up fine and my ankle hurts a little but nothing bad. And it's not over...Sam is fine after about 5 five minutes and says, "Miss Kelly, let's go look for frogs!" In my mind i think back to the time Elise and I found a frog outside the Henry's while at HOPE group and how we went and put it in Jonny's shoe outside his house:) I smile at Sam and off we go. After 3 or 4 unsuccessful missions, Sam asks me one more time. I was dubious by this time (good word:) but Sam yells, "Look in the driveway!!!" And there is this relatively big FROG. Sam starts yelling, "Ribet! Ribet!" and Phillip grabs the frog and we put him in the bucket to carry inside. Oh but it's not over. The frog's name is Mr. Pinkle and Sam is so proud as are Ashley and Jason. Then Sam says, "Hey let's let Mr. Pinkle go!" So we do and about this time, the neighborhood cat who Sam affectionately calls "Orangie" (he's great with names:) comes over. Long story short, we release the frog and Phillip and I see cat pounce on frog...so we hurriedly moved the children away. The End. All in an hour and a half...oh yes and Matt Williams told me while i was giving him Superman..."We have to be careful with girls because girls are delicate." Priceless. How I will miss my HOPE group mini friends when I'm gone. On a different note, I have school tomorrow on a SATURDAY...disgusting. I've been sick a lot the last two weeks and I'm hoping my voice can rest. To all my wonderful graduated friends, i love you a whole lot and really miss each of you and think about/pray for you often! Call me any time! Still don't know the next step but a new development is possibly moving to Vail with Merebear Spencer...we'll see. Have a great day!

3 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly...vail???
love, mommy

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The joy of hope group! And the joy of hope group kiddos!
There's nothing like it!
And as your mother said: vail???
Please expound.
You can't just end a post like that!
-Kevin

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger lo said...

so after reading this i think you should email me more...because i want to know more and i cannot call you!!!


but i do love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home