Monday, August 07, 2006

2 weddings and a funeral...

so i'm headed out tomorrow to the booming metropolis of graham, tx, followed by college station, all in one day. sadly, yet ecstatically my grandma (dad's mom:Fannie Imogene Jones Nall, terrible name, great lady) went to be with Jesus at 2am Aug 4th... we've been expecting it since the day of Kimbo's wedding (July 22nd) but it wasn't til the 2nd family wedding (Wade and Allison in Santa Fe this past week!) that she finally went home!!!! We miss her but she's been a widow since Daddy was 16, she was soo ready to go. I'm playing Amazing Grace on my guitar for it and then chaney and i are headed back to dallas and then i'll go down to the station. It's going to be an interesting day...
On a different note, Santa Fe was AWESOME!!!! I love the mountains still (of course) and we stayed in this sweet bed and breakfast that made homemade granola...wonderful! casa de la cuma...you should all stay there. We got to go on a tight hike too and i have some great pictures when i get a chance to put them on here. I have some of this gorgeous rainbow. We had our new family member mr grant simmons along for the ride along with special guest mason king, who was in the wedding and flew there and back with us. I enjoyed having some help in harassing chaney:) Allie and Wade's wedding was great and it was really fun getting to hang out with some of our family i never see and learning about their lives these days...and we came to the conclusion that our ENTIRE mom side of the family LOVES a good dance party. Heck yes. And last but not least, allie, manda, chaney, me, wade, brian, mason, and wade's sister amy all went to our beloved camp davis for a day. This is my absolute favorite place in the world, log cabins in the middle of mountain nowhere new mexico. I'll work on getting some pics up of that place. I went to it with my family (it's a family camp) for a week every summer since i was born and i worked for three summers, 5 weeks in a row... I think i've spent close to a year of my life there. After i stopped working there, we haven't been back since b/c we all so crazy busy. It was way fun to visit b/c we used to go with the twins as little kids...so many good memories. I've got to get back there at some point. I love it! Well Chaney is dying to get on her lappytop so i'm peacing out. later!

3 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly belly I need to hear about impact...and student teaching

i'll give you a call next week when your life slows down just a little bit.

i love you to pieces!
-lo

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

time to let us know what you think of student teaching!

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i'm going to michigan tomorrow (today...whatever....thursday!) and will be back on Monday so I'm going to call you when I get home. I'm sorry I had to cut our talk so short tonight! i sure do love you.

lo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home