Friday, July 14, 2006

life...

well, i turned 23 yesterday...slightly strange, i sure don't feel like i'm that old but maybe i'm going through denial. Who knows? It was a good day but pretty chill. Excitement of the day was going to Benihanas (sp?) with the fam...if you don't know what Benihanas is, you're missing out! It's a Japanese restaurant with family style seating and a huge open stove in front of you where they make your food and do tricks as they cook...way fun! Kimbo and Grant's wedding is a week from tomorrow (July 22) so I'm gearing up for that and trying to finish out the summer at hppc strong since i'm done at the end of July. I'm pretty pumped that chaney's my sister (she made me write that b/c she didn't see her name in the blog entry:) What i was really going to say is that i'm pretty pumped that i get to go back to cs and student teach in about a month. I think even more so i'm pumped that at some point i get to figure out what will happen post-december...i think i'm pumped about that:) i don't really know...i don't know a whole lot right now. i do know that i am NOT living in HP ever again. I have a heart for my church and i love my family but i am not 100% convinced that i cannot live here... i don't say this meanfully but truthfully. I was not made to live here. I could even live in Dallas, just not here. :) sorry, i'm rambling today. I'm kind of in the stage of trying to be content where i am but i'm so ready to move on to my next stage. The Lord has been so good showing me things here at home that i needed to see/still need to see and has taken away bitterness or frustration with this place and allowed me to see the church here as he sees it, rejoicing in his triumphs here and praying hard for the change that needs to continue to happen. And that my friends, is tight. I kind of feel like it's been a cleaning house summer, spending time with the fam and restoring relationships within the body here at home...stuff i'd just assume leave the way it was, but that is not the king's way! So anyway, praise the Lord for this time but I am ready to get to the next stage this semester! oh yes and chaney is awesome...she keeps interjecting for me to write her name...but i do love her a whole lot. she brings me cookies at work and vanilla dr peppers and decorates our bathroom for my birthday and gives me free ipod nanos with downloaded music on them...(no i'm not joking...CRAZY story. just ask!) but i love her for a whole lot more reasons than that...she's cool. so's the rest of my family. i like them. This next week is gonna be CRAZY...chaney and i want to sing kimbo and grant a song for their wedding rehearsal dinner toast. Any thoughts??? peace out homeslice...in honor of landon carl:)

2 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

23! you're a grandma! i need to start addressing you as ma'am.

CS is coming soon!

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly......what day am i supposed to come see your office and have lunch? was it tuesday or wednesday? i think it was weds but correct me if i am wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

love
lo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home