Wednesday, May 17, 2006

let the scattering begin...

so this semester was pretty insane, let's be honest. but this summer I am at home and will have time to write on my blog, so i promise updates and of course reading of some of my other favorite friends who have them as well...I've been reading some 1 Peter lately and in the very first verse or so, he talks about the scattering to all different places around the world. Oh how I identify with Peter so much right now! The scattering of the class of 2006 has begun. D.O., I dared to read the Hendricks' and Brooke's blogs and yes, they did make me cry. I love you people a whole lot. While I will still be in CS for one more semester, so many of these people I have journeyed with through college are moving on. No longer can I go visit my favorite kids at the Luther House or the Extreme or go play at the Guernsey Girls House...not even F3 will be the same anymore as my sweet Lo has moved on and just T and I will remain. But ya know, these people have been put in my life for a reason, and my life will never be the same because of them. Just a few memories with some of my favorite graduates...with more to come i'm sure.

Not wanting to be elise's friend because we went to high school together and i wanted nothing to do with my high school, Pasture dancing freshmen year and being dropped and on crutches for 2 weeks:), movie nights at Trad Pad, our Christmas card, Mullet Week, DO's awesome outfit he wore all week and still wears, Sbisa freshmen year, Mikey putting food in people's drinks, Jessie Harris's many haircuts...ridiculous...cutting a rat tail off of Colby's head (disgusting, never really grow one of those please!), learning I definitely do not know everything, 6 o'clock church, Youth group craziness, riding around in Grant's jeep, constantly invading jack, logan, and grant's room with elise, playing in the mud with Elise, driving to Calvert with Lise, Jess, and Linds, living on the purple walls while Laura inhabits the green side, Lo and T dancing on top of Tori's car, Luther House Parties, dinners at the Guernsey house, Edinburg 2005 and Claire Borne and i being Butch's sidekicks (I love power tools), Claire also singing show tunes and falling flat on her face while building:), for Elise's birthday, Paul, Jonny, Jack, Nate, Ben Graves, and maybe more dressing like cows and grazing on the side of the Theta house, Colby telling me I should go overseas the day I decided I wasn't going back to kamp and telling me about Camp China (by the way, thank you, really.), BCA Yuk Crush, a zillion meals and coffees with all of you people, the bizillions of blessings I have received in my life because of knowing you and that I am not the same because of you. We will scatter, but I am so thankful for you because I am constantly amazed and inspired by all of you and praise the Lord for your presence in my life. But I can confidently say, the wonderful times are NOT over yet...we are so not the same people we were, even twenty four hours ago.
I start my job at the church monday, be praying! I have no idea what is going on this summer, I only know that this is exactly where the Lord wants me right now. Oh yes and I think I'm going to start filling out my Focus On the Family Institute application...craziness.

oh yes, and I just put my first picture on ever, so this might look terrible:)

4 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger D.O. said...

heck yeah, those are all real good memories! Thanks for the update and the shoutouts... college was fun huh? amen.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

hey kelly! i'll be praying for ya as you start at the church next week and figure out stuff with Focus on the Family Institute. i know several girls you could talk to that were there this past year who loved it. (but, you probably already know of people) ok... have a wonderful day!

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelle...scattering is hard. at least you have computers and cell phones which weren't available in the late 70's. much love, mommy
ps i am glad to have you in my house for 3 months! thank you for your neverending willingness to help around here!

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home