Monday, October 10, 2005

Hmmmmm....we can't do it alone.

Well, there's nothing huge to report here, I just kinda wanted to write. The training for the race on Dec. 11th is going good but I was definitely hurting today...i stretched out to pilates, which was just plain funny for someone as unflexible and clumsy as i am but it was enjoyable. This weekend was my favorite weather of all time, 75 degrees, clear blue sky, slight breeze, wonderful. I had some good quality time just chillin at Research Park with the Laredo (my guitar) for awhile as well as biking around campus with Lindsay Ingels and the two of us interpreting paintings of cattle at the Forsyth Museum in the MSC with Jonny. So entertaining. Keep in mind this is all Saturday, right after our thoroughly amusing experience at Reville Ball. We thought we'd see what it was all about, 3 girls, one guy, high school prom all over again but hilarious. I'm working on that whole dilligence thing with school these days and the Lord is so faithful, providing me with time to do everything He is wanting me to do. The new Casting Crowns CD and I cannot part ways these days...i'm obsessed just slightly. Just a few quick lyrics for you:
"Are we happy plastic people,
under shiny plastic steeples.
With walls around our weaknesses
and smiles to hide our pain.
If the invitation's open
to every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we'll close the curtain
on this stain glass masquerade."
Amazing lyrics...that's all I have to say. We need to pray for transparency guys. The first few lines of that song says "Is there anyone who fails, is there anyone who falls, am I the only one in church today feeling so small..." We act ok at church all the time and sometimes, I don't know about you, I'm just not ok. We are not meant to do this on our own. We need Jesus for our very being and he's enlisted the body of Christ to help us out. We need to pray that Christ would tear down the blocks we put up in our own lives so that HE would be glorified. There is far too much pride in our sanctuaries and not near enough humility. This COMPLETELY includes myself just fyi. I have so much too learn and praise the Lord that He has brought me to where I am. We need to fear the Lord, not men and what they can do to us. They have no power over us if we have surrendered our life to Christ, all the time. Welp, that's about it. Hopefully you will mull over these things as I am in my own life and we can mull together.
On a happy sidenote, I get to wear my big China hat from the Great Wall soon! YES! :)

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

This sounds like the Kelly Nall I know! I hope things are going great for you. How's Chaney liking A&M? Chad and Julia also have blogs - come check us out!

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...deana found you!!! i had fun seeing you all weekend...glad you got to be the favorite on friday and sit in the front seat! too bad...tomorrow is monday and sam will get your seat! till you write again...much love, mommy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home