Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Well, I'm back in Dallas...me, Zhang Kai Li

Yep, that's my official Chinese name. One of my favorite Chinese kids and parents gave me their surname or their last name to us which actually goes first...Zhang pronounced Jung to me. And Kai Li means something like beautiful victory and it sounds like Kelly according to my friend Susan the Chinese teacher who named me. Well since i last talked on Saturday, I have since been to Beijing, Tokyo, LA, and finally Dallas. We left Sunday morning with 30 of our students waiting to say goodbye. In Beijing we stayed at this tight hotel called The 21st Century Hotel and ate at Subway. It was the most AMAZING TURKEY SANDWICH EVER! Then we took cabs to go shop a little which was hilarious. Then we had debriefing stuff and headed out at 4:30 in the am on Monday...oh yah sidnote i don't think i wrote about...my friend Summer and I caused major mischief Saturday night banging on our teams windows outside the school...a mission impossible effect basically...and our boys and girls that were left had a massive water war upstairs and water dripped down the stairs forever...so anyway we go to tokyo and then la and then dallas all techinically on monday due to time change. insanity. 30 hours later and still on monday, i was back at home/am back at home. I am absolutely in love with China and we'll see where it goes. Thank you so much for all of your support in everything. I'm so thankful. And now i can finally say this, your prayers were very much felt every single day and there have been some major seeds planted because of it. We've already got kids emailing us like crazy from there. Thanks. You people are constantly amazing me.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no helly, YOU are amazing

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly, i love you sooo much i'm on a 3-6 getting my car fixed!!! I ADORE MY GIRLS AND LOVE KAMP!!!! i love you and wouldn't be here if it weren't for you!!! -elise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home