Saturday, July 16, 2005

Li Qinzhao...that's me:)

Hey!!! So you guys totally win! 22 comments! Keep em coming! i love them! I'll try doing the shoutouts tomorrow night so be lookin for those...so many things to tell you! Oh yah, the title of this is my new Chinese name my kids gave me-it's the name of some famous woman poet or something...i like it a lot...So let's just start with my birthday...Chinese people know how to party...My roomie made signs in our room for when i woke up and then all the kids sang Happy Birthday to me...Later I got flower tea (yep with real flowers), lays potato chips, and oreos from my team b/c those are our luxury items here:) What really touched me started with all the gifts the Chinese people gave me. My 12 kids skipped their daily nap and went out and bought me this cool wall hanging (expect to see it in cs:) and put little pics of themselves on the card and then my 3 boys in my class brought me gerber daisies, roses, and carnations! i really like flowers so i was pretty much freaking out! Then our 10 year old sidekicks brought me candles and i got the large noodles at dinner like i talked about when it was bonnie's b-day. That night we did an "American wedding" which was absolutely hilarious...we had the dating game first and my friend summer was the girl and the contestants were her students...winter, autumn, and spring:) After we finished our program that night, they brought out my MASSIVE CAKE...don't worry i have pics! My new fav china tradition for birthdays? to have a cake fight as you eat it...i was COVERED in icing-amazing:) i think i want to bring this tradition back with me:) So all in all, a super tight bday! We've gotten to see a lot of other sides of China since we've been here which has been really good! Friday afternoon we did American Idol and i sang Avril Lavigne's Skater Boy for lack of a better song available...who am i? i never sing in front of people...we're working on getting past that fear-because love drives out fear. I got the Jay cd who is like the NSYNC rage here and i also got the Westlife cd which is a British pop group who i like a lot. I've been hanging out with my kids in their room a lot...i feel like uno is my life but i love it! they're coming out of their shells more every day and i'm so thankful. Oh yah and yesterday, we were passing a DVD shop and they were playing Numa Numa! It made me so happy:) Today we went to the Qin Dynasty King Tombs which are underground with these HUGE buildings...our kids went to and it was really awesome. Good quality time with them. There were cornfields everywhere on the drive there...so pretty. We got to see some different life than what i see here which i liked. I want to get a good feel for all of China, not just where i am so that's been cool. Well, that's about all that's going down...if anyone is friends with Josh Owen, today is his birthday so you should tell him happy b-day and tell him it for me too! Unity is key right now and so is knowing when i'm supposed to be doing what. Openness is really good too. Oh and something to be excited about, my allergies are totally good now which is so wonderful b/c i can do lots more stuff now that i'm not trying to sleep a lot! Sorry this is so long...Kamp kids, have a blast! Tell all that i know there hi and that i love them! I can't wait to touch base with yall when i get back! peace out...

5 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, i certainly cannot wait to hear more about these instances and to see the pictures and hear the music that go along with them!!!! i'm talking to dad about you constantly and it is exciting to see him working over there even in little things like your lack of allergies :) f3 now has running water again and lz comes back to college station on sunday..two completely thrilling things. my parents send their thoughts and love, as do i.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kellyyyy, ohhh man i miss you!! but, it is soo good to hear about all your fun!! all your entries make me laugh because i can hear you talk and funny things seem to keep happening...well i love you and we will be home in a week! new mehico will not be the same without you kellebelle!!

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds like your birthday was SOOO GREAT and it sounds like yall adore each other. i love it i love it i love it.
elise

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly,
you are amazing, and i'm enjoying your blog to say the least. you are def missed here, i am so jealous of you as well. I'm so thankful that papa is opening up doors for you and the kids are getting more comfortable around you. Also, i am thoroughly jealous of your birthday cake wrestling match, i could see me and spence pretty much destroying each other in one of those. well you are loved and i cant wait to see you again

Josh

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ken,
glad to hear you're feeling better...miss you on centenary...chunk met katy from katy..good vibrations...leave for toas & SF tomorrow...yearn for mountains...wish you could come..sam at dog hotel...go 4running?...love u & miss your strong hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home