Tuesday, July 12, 2005

We Love Chickie! (This is matt's spelling)

Heyyyy...thanks for the mad props, i like you kids-so encouraging and i'm very thankful for that! i won't be on til saturday in the am your time but tomorrow is my birthday!!! i'm really pumped about that! the big 2-2! no really nothing happens when you turn 22 i don't think...the last two days have been way fun! we've just chilled with our kids and yesterday we played teach the teacher and i learned way more about china than i ever thought possible-did you know that the great wall is 6300 kilometers long? Tonight we were walking to dinner and one of the 16 year olds, alex, was really sweaty from basketball and my friend adrian (stickland for all you asc girls:) told him you look very hot (referring to the sweatiness) and he said thank you! or shall i say zank you! the th sound is not their favorite:) we have curriculum parties pretty much every night to get ideas from each other...oh and fyi the chickie is a hilarious dance we make our kids do and my friend matt uses it as his cheer for his class. Mikey, you and Matt could be best friends i kid you not! Your humor is very similar...we can rarely go about 10 minutes without cracking up thanks to him. Today we had a carnival with games and i got to do basketball toss-they were so good! they're all about yao ming let me tell ya. I keep looking for some good tea and our headmaster's daughter is helping my find the good stuff...mom they can't believe you like iced tea-they think that's gross. Oh i keep meaning to tell you about my kid's names here...they get their English names from random things so we have people named fish, water, ice, spring, autumn, and winter (their teacher is my friend summer:), sunny, green, meanie, haver...they crack me up. We have these 3 or 4 10 year olds that follow us around when we're in our rooms and when we say something they don't understand, they just leave and come back in 5 minutes like clockwork...last night we had one of them sing adelweiss from sound of music, another salsa danced, and the others sang twinkle twinkle little star. Amazing. My kids are still pretty quiet and they live close so it's hard to hang with them after class...there is so much vocab i hope they get some of what i say...some bright spots keep appearing though so i'm not loosing heart! the allergies are decreasing (victory!) but be thinking about other thorns for me...
Shoutouts(i'll try and remember all of them):
to the fam-i love you guys and i spill something at least once a day, so know i'm not changing too much:) chaney, i sympathize with your pudding story on kimbo-hilarious kimberly...just think, it totally could have been me:) tell your boy hey! chaney i'm glad to hear you didn't look like a chipmunk like me!
laura ashley-your pics so totally rock! jess looked beautiful like always but especially on her wedding day! i hope your bruises are healing quickly! hey? who needs a shower anyway?:)
Lise- get the 7th of august for your 2-4 ok fool? i be bransoning it then i hope...any volunteers for this mandatory road trip? get so pumped...your kids will be crazy about you...i know:)
tor-i'm so glad to hear you are doing well and i can't wait to trade stories with you about our foreign countries:)
cass the payne- hope you are doing well and i plan on having a tight tea party with you when i come home:)
Ingels- if you get to check this, i love you and can't wait to hear about what's up with you!
J Harris-if you actually read this, i think we should roadtrip on the 7th up to third term? let me know!
Colby-if you check this, welcome back to the states! can't wait to exchange china chat with you and the brothers...
Fairview boys-i was so tempted to buy you a volleyball net so you could have one for your backyard...let me know
Luther House Boys as a whole-i almost got a ping pong set to come dominate you at your house...yah that's right, total domination. no not really:) i can't wait to hear about your summers!
and to you who didn't write messages this time, i hope to hear from you soon b/c you are such amazing people...each and every last one of you...and i want to hear about your life. peace out and take care...and know i'm on this end of the world and you are thought of a lot...but know i do LOVE it here:) i would love to see more of this country and see how the rest of its people live b/c i know there are some differences-take care til next round on the blog...Kelly

22 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Kel! Now you are the same age as Amanda and me, woo hoo! I hope you are having a b-last over there in China... I don't think I ever would have guessed you'd go there! I am sitting in a big office in downtown Austin for the summer, so we are definitely getting different experiences :) Keep having fun and see you when you get back! Love you!

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! I couldn't figure out to say those words either on your birthday in the US or in China, so I will do both. I hope you have great birthdays! I want to hear all about your classroom party...I hope that you become more beautiful and that I wish for you a boyfriend.

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

foolio, so i have GOOOD NEWS TO TELL YOU and i cannot wait...meanwhile it's prolly a good thing we can't talk on the phone at this particular moment because my whole right side of my head is numb. it's pretty amazing...you know the having three cavities thing. i love being 21 and being retaught how to brush my teeth. awesome. anyways, i will e-mail you asap about the good news. and i love you sooo dearly. and you better be GETTING SO TOTALLY EXCITED ABOUT YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! i hope they make you eat lots of china candy and give you lots of kisses on the lips :) you know who this is so peace.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY...is it your birthday over there? cause it's not your birthday here yet...but HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

all my love,
lise

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOO you get 2 birthdays!! how awesome is that!! HAPPY BDAY Kelly Belly and I love you with all my heeeeart!! I think about you bunches each day, especially while watching TV-"I found a gown I really love, and I love the price. All the dresses here are great. I feel soo beautiful" haaaaaaaah HAAAAAAAPPY BIRFDAY!!! ohhh ps-who is my boy?? i confused....ohhhh it's grant!! hah!!

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROOMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean happy birthday in china....and tomorrow i want you to have a happy birthday here. go ahead and celebrate for two days straight, that will be fine. know that i will be celebrating here and then we'll celebrate again when you get back....my big ole randall inflicted bruises are gone by now, BUT i certainly do have about 7 new mini's on my legs from working at camp...nothing to worry about or even take pictures of to show you. i wish you much happiness and health in your life and that you will be remain as beautiful as you are today forever (a common birthday wish from my kiddos in russia).....love love love you

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happpppyyy birthday for the next 2 days!!! i hope you get some new money in beijing that the people like (cash that is crispy with big heads). if you have trouble with the atm machine...the international # is 1-866-686-6670! i love you!!! mommy

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kel!!! I hope that you have a fantastic day! I miss seeing your smiling face every day! I am thinking about you alot and talking to Dad about you. You are amazing friend and i look forward to seeing you back here!

love,
LZ

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger D.O. said...

well, clearly: happy birthday.

second: if any of you who are leaving messages read other people's comments, know that I know most of you, and like all of you.

Helly: Jesse would say "I'll probably be riding my bike around TX, so I probably can't go." Cobly would say, "Thanks, I too look forward to swapping stories." Fairview would say, " ." Finally, I would say, "yeah, we bought some paddles whilst in the Orient. hey, if you haven't already, look at your past two posts, cause I commented on them too (sorry... tardy)" keep having fun and see if you can't find a place to eat pull noodles... I liked 'em.

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi friend!!! hope all is well on the other side of the globe!! have a spectacular BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! how exciting!!! this summer hasn't been the same without you in good ole' branson. love you mucho!
~holly

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is officially your birthday here, at this very second. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!!! woowww i am amazing. oh ps, kimberly is rude, but I LOVE YOU!!!

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAP....HAPP....HAPPY BIRFDAY!!!!!!
Kelly Nall, you're celebrating your 22nd birfday with my folks!!!! I hope you have fireworks and dragon dances. Don't forget, you're supposed to bring me back a dragon costume. I hope all is well. I was gonna stop by your house today to visit the folks, but I didn't want to intrude without them foreknowing. And if you want to get us a net, we'll take one! HAHA! Anyways, take care!!! I'd say something in Chinese to you, but I don't know how to spell any of it. Peace out playa!!!

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haaaaaaappy birthday to you
haaaaaaappy birthday to you
haaaaaaappy birthday to kelly
haaaaaaappy birthday to you

i made that up on my own, hope you like, happy birthday :P

kristopherholeyfield

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey buddy-

happy birthday to you happy birthday to you!! do they do anything krazy over there in china for b-days? i hope they have some funny traditions and that you have a great day. sounds like you are having a great time and you are learning a whole lot. kimberly tells me the latest everyday at work and i am so glad you are loving it. way to go on the international phone! bet your parents were very suprised! have a great b-day and i am thinking about you. pals...willy l

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRHTDAY SMELLY! I love you and hope you have the best day ever. 22 years!

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS-I am not rude. Chaney ate my candy bar. I LOVE YOU PRECIOUS!

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly...happy bday again!!! i know you miss your sissies so much!!! i miss you!!! mama

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KELLY'S MUST DO BIRTHDAY LIST:
1. request that 22 people give you kisses on the lips (jk all the way i love you :)and/or pats on your bottom (not kidding on this one ;)
2. wear bright red lipstick
3. jump around a fountain singing and dancing to your favorite musical number
4. go ahead and pop in the lads and lassies CD for old times sake
5. laugh lots and lots
6. and be getting excited about my online present that is coming ASAP!!!

all my love,
lise

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little Kelly! I love you so much! Daddy

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My co!!
Happy belated birthday! I love you and miss you greatly. I think I read something about you coming up to branson for third term? I sure hope this rumour is true. You amaze me kelly nall...happy birthday.

-amy

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday kelly!! i miss seeing you over here at the nalls!! hope you're having fun

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and if i was an oscar mayer...WEINERRRR!! haaah i miss you kelly!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home