Tuesday, June 14, 2005

"My soul is an island, my car is a Ford..."

Yes, that's right...that is the title of this one! But no, don't worry...neither of those are true. Chaney (my little sister) and I were watching tv the other day and she likes to quote that now... basically we think that's just funny so i told her i'd put it up...Tomorrow I leave with the fam for CANADA!!! Yes, thank you Mike for reminding me who i can attribute my canoeing skills to! I am forever endebted to that little kamp in Missouri with those cool trip guys for helping me brush up on those skills as my kampers floated away having no idea what they were doing...:) And pudding drops are actually fun...it's just that brief sensation of a foreign object dropping directly into your mouth from three feet above that gets me! Anyways, super pumped about this and it should be some good family time before China! Yesterday marked 16 days til China, one month til my birthday, and exactly two months til Alpha Impact! Sweet! So this trip to Canada should be pretty tight...My older sister Kimberly and I are thinking we could revisit the site of Hard Rock Cafe in Banff where she gave me the infamous manners lessons in eighth grade...so funny! Life with us is pretty entertaining I think...Given that our last family trip in Colorado resulted in driving through the mountains with the windows rolled down and a random bat running into the open window and getting bat blood and guts all over us and the brand new WHITE suburban, we should be in for a treat. Or then there's the more recent episode of celebrating Chaney's 19th birthday when we sat down to eat at Ball's Hamburgers and then some airport workers sat by us and proceeded to shake the mustard bottle and it got all over the floor, us, our food, and the wall behind us when the top flew off...I don't think i've laughed that hard in awhile! Well anyway, now you have some good insight of things to look forward to when I get back from Canada! THEN LA AND CHINA!!! I've never been to either of those places!!!! take good care of yourselves and have a good week!

3 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention that its a midget that says "my soul is an island...my car is a ford"...that just makes it a gazilion times better...oooh and that he does a little spastic leap of the stage after he says it haaaaaaah

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, so the funny part about reading this about your family kelly is that i totally relate. i think there's just something weird (yes definately weird) and special about a family with three gals! I am totally excited for all of your trips and will be yarping hard everyday for fun and growth. yay that's right the Big Daddy wants you to have fun too, i'm completely sure of that! I love you! -from another middle sister (mary)

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly! You are so awesome and I can't wait to see you again in August! I will be thinking of you as you are in China. I love you tons girl and think you are amazing!
-Miss Watkins

 

Post a Comment

<< Home