Saturday, July 09, 2005

Joutze...ok i have absolutely no idea how to say it...i'm doing inventive spelling:)

Hey you people living 12 hours behind me...as i write this, i think jess is getting married within the next hour or so-insanity! i just finished my first week of teaching today and as tired as i am, i absolutely loved it! thanks for all of you leaving messages for me! i get to check again tomorrow night so feel free to write more! i love the encouragement...do and jon i'm glad you got back safe! colby i know you come home soon, so i hope you get home ok too and can't wait to china chat with all of you! so let's see if i can recap this in the short amount of time i have here as my whole team waits to use the computer...I was asked on Wednesday in front of all of our kids along with the rest of the team if we all had boyfriends or girlfriends...that's basically the first question they ask after your name:) Thursday night was the most priceless night i can imagine! I was in charge of Wild West night where we acted out a cowboy and indian skit, followed by teaching the words yall and howdy, and explaining what jeans and bandanas were. Then here's the killer. We taught the electric slide to achey breakey heart, the texas two step to my personal fav of randy travis "i'm gonna love you forever", and me singing home on the range in front of all these people by myself...who am i? craziness... i am asked to sing constantly here because i am a never ending flow of disney songs, which they love, especially the sound of music...need i say more? i'm slightly addicted to that movie! I got pics of all that for sure! We have guards at our front door of the school we have become good friends with and my students are finally opening up, they're just a pretty quiet group...I made them write about their biggest obstacle in life and one of them told me at the age of 13, that she has cancer...i need to make sure b/c she wrote it (long story) but i'll keep you informed of that...it made me think of my friend callie who died from cancer and david gilbert as well...Last night we had an American birthday party! Since my birthday is wednesday, the party was for me! sooo funny! I got about 80 birthday cards in broken english calling me helly, telling me i hope you get more beautiful than before, and i hope you have a good boyfriend. we laughed for a long while. today i dressed up during class as a visitor, aka nelson mandela and made my skin black with a marker and a towel as a turban...hilarious! This afternoon we were invited to our translator alice's house to learn to make dumplings or joutze...so fun! i like using the rolling pin and chopsticks to make it...as i sit here my skirt is stained as usual from chopstick accidents:) but i love it...Lift up openness, appointments, team unity (i love my team), and allergies (too much snot. enough said)...ok i miss you kids but i am doing really well and enjoying this! more coming tomorrow! now i'm headed to bed! triple peace from the far east!

6 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
You are hysterical. I love the way you always mind your manners!!! At least you took lots of nose spray. We will all be yarping for allergies to disappear...ok? Daddy and I did not get to go see Jessie get married. Wish we could have all been there. I think about you 24/7! I am always thinking of what time it is in China...love you, mama

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwww snot!! TMI Kelly...TMI. Ohhh Sound of Music, you know how much I love thee, and maybe just because I love you and miss you so much, I will watch it with you when you get home! Maybe. Soooo I'm going to tell you a funny Kimmie story...soo she came over to mooch on our household items one night before going to Grant's house for dinner with his family and she was especially excited because she really liked her outfit. It was nothing out of the ordinary for her...you know, her massive beaded necklaces and carpet shoes, and soo we were sitting on the porch, and I happened to be eating some chocolate pudding. Well, you know how I tend to gesticulate (haaaah funny word), and soo I as I was about to say something big and profound, I slashed my right arm down that was holding a spoon with a glob of pudding...DUN DUN DUNNN...haaaaaah you should have seen her face-golden, absolutely golden. Kelly, it would have been 1000 times better if you had been there because we love to tease little Kimbo the Bimbo. Anywho, that is my story...I love you Kelly Belly!!! and I misssss you

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly me...I forgot to end it!! Welp, Kimmie stood there for--not kidding--5 minutes with a FREAKY death stare on her face...I was afraid she was gonna kill me. Haaaaah I was crying I was laughing so hard...twas great and you really would've appreciated it. This goes to you: IT'S NOT ANYTHING THAT YOU THINK IT IS

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...its not kfc? Where have you been getting icecream? Thanks so much for calling! Your kids are awesome...tell those parents THANK YOU! again. I miss you, blue eyes!love, mommy

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Chane is definitely exagerating on that one...I was upset, but the situation as a whole, was pretty funny. I had little globs of chocolate pudding all over me. On my shirt, in my hair, on my shoulder. It was priceless! Watch out for those chopsticks. They are good launch material...

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger D.O. said...

that's so pure... these reading sessions are great, bringing back (not that I ever lost them) good memories from like a week and a half ago. The good ol' days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home