Sunday, July 10, 2005

Quiteze! Ok so more inventive spelling...

Today was so tight! Quiteze is Chinese for chopsticks! I decided they were one purchase i would like to make while i'm here...more about the name in a minute! Today we had our team meeting and then this afternoon we went to KFC to get our tri-weekly ice cream-amazing on the throat and in the mouth... with a bunch of our students. Then we went to a photo shop where you take pictures in the little booths and took pics with random backgrounds we chose...so funny. Then i went to the music store and bought this really popular singer jay's cd...apparently the song i wrote about earlier is really old in china and it was so old they didn't carry it anymore:) It's all good though...i came back and my student who i thought had cancer (she doesn't by the way...miscommunication) came over and invited me to her house for dinner...we had lamb shishkabobs, peaches, noodles with eggs and tomatoes, peanuts, and i think green beans:) you can never be sure what you are eating here sometimes:) Her mom is a Chinese English teacher here and she had been given Scrabble but didn't know how to play so i taught them how to play Scrabble. That was really entertaining since i had hardly ever played in the first place! Then her husband whips out his cell phone...his INTERNATIONAL cell phone (he's a very big leader in the china oil company) and tells me to call my parents because he has it very cheap...craziness, so i called my rents and chatted at 7:30 am your time on sunday morning. So i got to talk to my parents which was really nice and then they gave me the tightest gift! 10 sets of really nice wood chopsticks in this really pretty box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was so excited i just sat there for like two minutes thanking them for it. wow. chinese understand the meaning of practice hospitality. i was amazed. i am so thankful for the relationships i am forming with these people. I think i am seeing a very rare part of china that most people don't see. I really want them to see a difference in me. Keep thinking about that for me. And i want details on J Ward Silvester's wedding please:)
Shoutouts:
LNUT-I look at your book every day!!! I love it and the kids love to see it and ask questions:)
Lise- You head to kamp soon...i want an update from you on here before you go!
DO-tell my wednesday night fam hey and that i can't wait to see them in august! i hope you're adjusting good back to cs!
Kelli Cook-thanks for your message girl! I love hearing about you holding the fort down in good old CS!
Jon T-i adore bonnie! she is amazing! i hope summer school isn't too gross for you! i can't wait to hear from you!
And to you who haven't written comments and are reading this, shame on you! leave me a short message at least please so i can hear about your life! you guys are amazing and i can't wait to tell you more! i'll be back on at 6am on tuesday morning your time so look for updates! peace out!

10 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no shoutout for me?...ouch kelly, ouch. jota-ka kellita, i'm sad i missed your call this morning, but i'm soo happy to hear that you are doing so well! i am yarping for you oodles each and every single day my little kelly belly!! i wrote a poem about jill the other day and i'll be sure to put it on here soon...it's pretty grand if i do say so myself

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kellebelle--been reading your blog as much as i can but not too much time while here in germany. two words--loving it. we are constantly busy, but i don't mind one bit...when will i get another chance, right? i love that you have this blog so i can semi keep updated with you. i can't wait to hear so much more when we get back to cs. have fun with your kiddos and happy early birthday! i tried callin ya before you left, but you prob don't have the celly with you; it's cool, i don't either! love you, girl! -tori

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ken (#2)...loved talkng to you this a.m... what a fantastic surprise..so you had dinner w/ a geophysicist, that's interesting...ask him to show you a seismic line...going to pursuit in a few minutes...glad to hear your voice and that you are doing good...i hope you feel better..like chunk says....TMI...how's the post play? still interested in 4running?
love u

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss seeing your smiling face at the Nall house! Chaney and I want to dig to China to come visit you!!!

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

scratch what i said last time, it's not that we don't have hot water it is that we just don't have water at all....grrrrreat! i guess alicia will just have to live with me not taking a shower before work tomorrow (she's the biggest clean freak i've met in a while)..the wedding was beautiful..mom says that it was one of the most beautiful wedding she's been to in years (both physically and DAD related too)! i took lots of pics for you to see, however on my drive back from pc tonight i realized that i did not take a single picture of jess and nick together. once the wedding started i didn't have my camera (b/c i was too busy standing up by the gazebo with a peony in hand as the sun beat down on us)....more on that later. love you kelllllllll......thinking about you like crazy!

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KELLY!!! I MISS YOU SOOO MUCH!!! this weekend you were definitely missed at jessie's wedding, but it turned out sooo beautifully. i JUST regot your blogspot address from laura nutter which is why this is my first post since you've been gone...and summer school has RULED my life, and i leave for KAMP IN A WEEK! goodness, i miss you though. you must be having a pretty amazing time, but i cannot wait to see you again. i've got some fun news for you lata...but i'll keep you in suspense.
all my love,
your pink-loving friend

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad I missed your call. It's so fun to read these entries. You write them exactly how you talk and they make me laugh and miss you. Seriously, so funny, hilarious, insanity...Love you Kelle Belle and yarping for you all the time!

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

successful removal of 4 wisdom teeth...chaney is having fun taking pictures of her face with digie! remember how swollen you were! love you, mommy

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so click it and see if you find some pictures you might be interested in of our dear nick and jessie. unfortunately from the time the ceremony started til after it was cleaned up i didn't have my camera with me.....i did all i could, there will be more pictures for you to enjoy when you get home! love you kellebelle

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger D.O. said...

man, Jay Cho is my favorite (other than the guy who sings "Take Me to Your Heart")... good purchase. yeah dude, I'll tell the kiddo's hi for you. The group is rocking man, it's been real fun this week. We picked out a new youth dude: Alan Duty!!! I'm so pumped. alright, until the next post...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home