Sunday, July 17, 2005

chillin like a villain

Heyyy...today has been a great chill day as it is SUNDAY! today in my awesome little book from miss nutter the words of today were from nick and jessie, so fun! we slept in and had a good sunday morning meeting and i jammed out to some shawny mac for a bit. This afternoon some of the girl teachers and some of our students went shopping...pretty tight. i got your present kimbo! that's all i bought...my kids are great at telling me what's too expensive and they know i like to look a lot before i buy:) that hasn't changed much from the states:) frugalness is in the nall genes. some random things i thought you people might find interesting: they like to use the words beautiful and interesting to describe things...like they might say, "I think that is very beautiful and interesting.":) I have to try very hard to wear my shoes all the time b/c i think my feet are forever dirty and my chacos pretty much reek...we're attempting to wash them tonight b/c a few others have the same prob:) I'm pretty much in love with tea and am on the hunt for a really awesome teapot that's cheap. People in China all want very white skin whereas in America most people want really tan skin so a lot of women carry umbrellas in the sun. Mom and Laura Nut you will be proud to know that i have not succumbed to the pressure of biting my nails but once so they are very long! They all call us teacher...they will walk up to us and say "Teacher, can we...." so funny:) We are developing this bad tendency of talking in single words or using large breaks in between words even with each other...so yah, now ya know:)

Shoutouts: I'll see how many i can remember...sorry if i'm a jerk and i miss you-it's hard to go back and forth between screens
To the Fam- Kimbo you'll love what i got you i know...Chunk still looking for you, mom, and dad. I'm slightly jealous you'll be in the mountains next week. Enjoy the cool air for me. Love you guys a lot. Dad everyone's dad is an engineer so i instantly have something in common with these kids:)
LNut-you are continually amazing! i'm so glad lz will be back for you to play with and i look forward to telling you all my crazy stories and eating noodles with our new chopsticks.
Lise-have a blast at kamp! i love you and i'll see you august 7th unless you read otherwise on your first 2-4
Amy westerbelt-i can't wait to hear about your kamp experiences! i am going to kamp aug 7th if you want to roadtrip with me! i need some company!
Holly O-have a blast at k-1 third term! i hope to see you on the 7th too!
DO- tell all my kids hey and tell group bottom hey especially. i hope you're adjusting ok to summer school-it pretty much is no fun but i know you're making the most of where you are like always. tell the fam on rock prairie hey. i think miss lauren rouse is in cs too so tell her hi!
Chris and Josh (since i think you two live together or you did first half?)- thanks for your messages. josh you and j spence totally would've torn up in the cake fight. can't wait to see all you onaph kids i like to hang out with back in cs. you guys rock!
Tori- if you check this one:) i hope you are having a blast in europe! we're studying that in class this week! love you!
PG-thanks for the message-how are you doin in a-town? how's your dad?
Allie Nelson- such a good cuz...i had a dream last night that dad was my teacher and lindsey brown was in my class...so strange. can't wait to exchange stories with you!
I think i got everyone...
i am so thankful for your encouragement. i can't wait to tell you all about my experiences, conversations, and everything in person. Over tea preferably:) later yo.

6 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly, make mine over ice (constant comment of course). so, off to taos and santa fe. i will miss you on the road trip. i know you understand why. i am in a frequent yarping state over you. my mom says she is the most interesting person that her friends know right now because of you and your adventure. much love, mommy

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I found a REALLY fun tea place here in Dallas right after you left. We can catch up there when you return. OH GOODY! A real authentic Chinese thing...I can't wait to find out what it is. Thank you for thinking of me, I love you!

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well my friend emily came in town this past weekend. this is her third visit and stay with me since we've lived in F3 and all three times you've been MIA. so she slept in your bed again. i'm sure y'all feel pretty close and bonded by now even though you have yet to meet. maybe next time she comes you'll be in town...that would be fun. i took everything down off of my walls....and i've added something to one of yours..i think you'll like it there :) so it's back to me+bravada+the phone in the office for now. i'll try to post more pictures on my site soon so you can enjoy more from China! love you kellebelle!

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, that's a random dream! Haven't talked to Lindsay in awhile. Did Auntie Jill tell you about my car wreck?! Yuck, no fun. Thankfully dad was looking out for me and I'm not too banged up :) I'm jealous that your fam is going to N.M.! But Betsy and I are going up to Santa Fe for a few days at the beginning of August - woo hoo! Anyway, glad your b-day was so good! Love you!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger D.O. said...

haha... the slow English talk... I'm pretty sure I still do it. It will never leave you. EVER.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Jon David Tettleton said...

hey kelly
well you would think i could use these blog things by now...my post for you is on your june 29th post...sorry bout the placement...hey thanks for the shout...summer school isnt too bad this go around...its no far east thats for sure...keep loving, you are good at it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home