Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Insanity...the good kind:)

Hey! Sorry i didn't post on Tues as promised...this week is insane b/c we finish cacmp friday morning with closing ceremonies and our kids just realized we leave sunday so it's like if we don't have an activity planned we are somewhere else with them (which i love, but it's so crazy!). I just got back from ice cream at KFC with my kids and then i went to one of their houses and we watched Mulan in Chinese. I'm glad I already knew what happened:) Monday was really fun and we taught the kids ultimate frisbee...note-it wasn't too big of a hit! The boys here prefer basketball b/c of Yao Ming. Monday night my girls came down to my room to come visit and they gave me a Chinese to English dictionary complete with all their Chinese names inside of it. It's so fun! They like to sit and teach me Chinese words:) Tuesday was insane b/c we had an afternoon in the morning, afternoon, and at night...in the morning we had class like normal, and in the afternoon we played a bunch of games with water balloons which they had never done...hilarious. At the end we pretended to be explaining some game and just started pegging our kids in a water balloon fight. Amazing. Last night we talked about Easter and had some good conversations. On Wednesday mornings we don't do class with bookwork type stuff but we do skits and funny interactions with them. This morning I taught Wheel of Fortune (the wheel was made of tape and index cards and a broom:) and we made one room into our court room and i was the judge. One of the boys (Mark:) he always talks about this place he made up called Cutman Square and we joke about it all the time...it's where you go cut things. So this morning we put him on trial for cutting his friend's arm off. I have never laughed so hard as i did this morning. I bought a Chinese hat at the Great Wall and took pics of my kids wearing it the other day...so much better seeing a real Chinese person wear it than me! So anyways, it's been a really good week so far and will keep going...One of my kids is leaving today which makes me real sad but she has to go to ANOTHER English camp...that's like the cool thing to do with your summer or something. They can't believe we don't have homework in the summer, even college students. I've learned a lot about love languages and it's been amazing to see how my kids have opened up as I've been shown what their love language is. My kid that's leaving today is my physical touch buddy...she holds my hand all the time at the age of 13. We've had some good opportunities the last few days to show our kids that our love for them is unconditional which although it didn't happen exactly as we would have liked it to, it's still been cool to see. I'll write again on Saturday most likely and that will be my last time i think. We head to Beijing on Sunday and fly out Monday...so weird. I will be so excited to see you people but the idea that i may never see these people again just kills me...we'll see about that later. unity, health, discernment, love.
Shoutouts:
LZ-can't wait to trade stories with ya...you are beautiful! inside and out!
Jon T-bonnie's boys are downstairs right now making something for your mom but don't tell! i love the boys who are making them and they look tight!
Laura Ashley-I love you my dear and today is the 27th...it's quality! i'll be talking to ya soon.
DO-nope, sorry can't help ya on those.:) see ya soon enough in cs...thanks for the words
The Fam-Chaney, you're a nut. I'm glad you're going to school with me:) I'm glad to hear i was missed...the mountains would probably feel pretty good right about now, not gonna lie. I've got all your presents and i can't wait to see your reactions. Dad we gotta work on those typing skills:) Kimbo, tell your boy hi and hold down the fort at the TLF. Mom, your cleanliness is much appreciated and so is your food. FYI, have my Advair ready when i come home b/c since monday is like two days, i won't be able to take two doses b/c i'll be out. slight frustration on that note. but i have all my others. I love all of you SOOOO VERY MUCH. That's about it.
Lise-If you read this, is the 7th still good? can't wait to hear more!
Peace out all you kids. Have a fantastic day! Sorry these are so long!

6 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

almost home, but not almost back to c.s....that is okay, i will just keep counting down the days until i am no longer the sole inhabitant of f3. i am glad that you posted. it was quite nice to have something to read about at work this afternoon. too bad it did not take me all 4 hours to read. i guess i will have to find something else to fill the last 2 hours or so that i am here. lz, fitz and i watched 'newsies' the other night and i could not help but think of you...i sang along just like you would have :) love love love you!

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about EVERYTHING...geez, I can't believe you're already coming home. That went by so fast. I love you and can't wait to see you!

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and we all know how kelly needs her physical touch buddies...how woww, that was really awkward-sounding...kel, i can't wait for you to be home, even though i know you'll be feeling pretty bittersweet about it but I CAN'T WAIT!! hah dad just told sam to shut up and then corrected himself by saying "ohh, i forgot i shouldn't say that anymore" haaah, that is because of you my little kelly belly!! you have the most beautiful and loving heart kelly and i love you so much for that! and your hugs are pretty awesome too...ooooh i bought the premium package for crest whitening strips today, so get ready to be bliiiiinded by the whiteness of my tooths

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps-don't you hate how mark and jill's only punctuation usage is the ......'s!? uggggh it is sooo impersonable and boring, so tell them to stop it!! rarrrr LOVE YOU!!

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kelle. no exclamation points for me. big news. skippy is going back to middle school to be the asst principal. he will be missed but i hope he will love it. he makes an impact wherever he is. my hope is for precious goodbyes for you and your students. it doesn't take long to fall in love with your kids. should we take chaney to fish camp on thursday so you can see the f3 girl? you have a haircut on wed and i will get your bed ready so you can sleep till then. any food requests besides a late birthday cake? remember, daddy has you in the palm of his hand...mommy

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger D.O. said...

fear not, the dairy products aren't far off. hang in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home