Sunday, August 21, 2005

I'm in no rush for rush...and we'll leave it at that.

Well, 7:45 in the am i will be in sorority land singing songs that are really quite ridiculous when you think about it and having conversations with complete and total strangers all day...i really want these conversations to actually be meaningful b/c i'm pretty much sick and tired of fakeness...I think hanging with people all summer who are so far off from the truth has made me a whole lot less tolerant of fakeness and made me more concerned with what really matters. If anyone is actually reading this, feel free to pray against complaining and for contentment with where the Lord has placed me this week, aka in the sorority house. Still adapting to being home from China in a lot of spiritual ways that i'd rather not explain on my blog but you could pray for that if you like. I'm always in desperate need of prayer...and please don't think this is limited to me-i'd love to pray for you too! specifics are always helpful so let me know. I went to PG's dad's funeral today in A-town and bawled like a little kid. Seeing his love for his dad overflowing out of him blew me away. It also showed me how blessed I am to be friends with Paul. He is such a blessing to me and is always such a great encouragement. The six hours of roadtripping today were totally worth it to be there to support my brother. I'm still getting used to hangin out with large numbers of people. I think on the whole I prefer small numbers of peeps still b/c it's personal. Oh but by the way, I am beyond blessed. I heard somewhere last semester, I think from Butch, that you can tell a lot about a person's walk with the Lord by how thankful they are. pretty much word. I went to the LHBC lockin with the youth for a bit on Friday and it was so wonderful. I missed my kids here but now I terribly miss my China kids...Can't win em all. But I'm super excited about how the youth program is moving with the new youth guy here. Get really excited! Ok, yes I do know how scattered my blog is so you'll just have to deal with it:) have a fantastic night and I'll write more later this week from the rush perspective.

3 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it Kelly! Push through this week and make an Impact for the Kingdom! I love you!

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go little Kelly! This is the last time you will be on this side of rush. I love you and miss you. Please download the chinese im program. You must promise to put your cuties on my list too!
ps...i miss my babies...mommy

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK...School starts in the morning, so...isn't it time for a new entry!? You and baby are double sissies now! Get those creative juices flowing! love you, mommy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home