Wednesday, May 24, 2006

back to Jerusalem...

so i'm interning at my home church this summer, and i'll be honest. it's really never been my exact dream job to go back home and spend the rest of my life in hp. to be honest, my dreams were/are probably pretty opposite. HOWEVER, this summer the Lord has called me home for whatever reason (which i am beginning to find out) to hang with jr high kids for two whole months and has somehow (unbeknownst to me) gotten me really excited about it! we just got back from our staff retreat and having been away for about three years in college, it was crazy! a good crazy though:) Basically, our church is super traditional which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes (like in any church) it holds too tightly onto the traditions. Going to a church that is completely different in College Station, the Lord has given me a passion to see some of the fruit i see in cs at my church in dallas. The retreat this week pretty much was a part of several answered prayers. The staff is seeking Jesus like I've never seen before in my church with a desire for renewal, which, needless to say is SO TIGHT! I feel as though an appropriate description of where we are right now is "Growing Pains". Trying to be respectful of the older in the church yet not in such a way as to hinder anything God is trying to do. Complicated balance for sure. Anyway, I have no idea what the Lord is planning on doing with this summer but it's really cool to come home and see a place that invested so much in you as a kid attempting to change for Christ, because being a Christian is about making a commitment to change. I know God is starting something big and I am SO excited to see what it is. And the coolest part is that I can to be in the middle of it!

Oh yah, and we went to the lake for our retreat! I got to wakeboard and it was so fun. I haven't gotten to do that since K-1 and I think it's one of my top 5 favorite things to do. I get to work with some sweet people. Check out the church website if you want! www.hppc.org
Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home