Friday, November 03, 2006

J Lo B-ball!


So last week at Jane Long, we had a staff versus student basketball game! Needless to say, it was so much fun. I had been wanting to play all week but didn't want to overstep my boundaries as a lowly student teacher, but then one of the coaches asked if I would be interested in playing...my answer... HECK YES! For those of you who may not know this, I LOVE the game of basketball. I love to watch it, play it, strategize it, everything. So Friday afternoon, several Wyldlife leaders, coaches, and myself suited up to play about 30 eighth graders in a game I love dearly. Now the boys that were playing have been all hyped up because they were undefeated last year...not to mention most of them were my students last year:) The staff team at first was a little concerning since none of us had played in a while but we were determined to win! Game starts off and we totally dominate! The score was like 42-20 at the end of the game! YES! Two highlights for me most definitely...one, i made a 3 pointer from the top of the key! WHOOP! When I used to actually play, I never made a 3 in a game! I was so excited about that one! And what's hilarious is, that made for highlight #2. Somehow by making my three-pointer, I became a mini celebrity with my kids. They heard me talk about how much I love basketball, but it's like that shot got me street credit. Hilarious! Their season starts up next week and I'm way excited about hitting up the games! I only have 2 days left of student teaching and then I'm finished! Still not sure what's up for next semester...we'll find out!
And here's one of my kids! He's pretty great!

3 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger D.O. said...

heck yeah! way to win!

In sixth grade I served the game winning point in the student teacher volleyball game. That was probably the peak of my popularity post-third grade.

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's hear it for the short, white, student teacher that made the three pointer! Yay Miss Nall! I like the pic of your student. He is soo cute! Hope your cold is better. Love you, mama

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...when is graduation. December 15 or 16. Please let Jill know so we can make plans. Love, Jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home