Saturday, January 20, 2007

LOCKED OUT

so my days have been pretty chill with not a lot to write about lately...until last night. I was playin with some of my judah friends after a great time at the wall bouldering and climbing (which i'm feelin today:) and after watching a movie, i peaced out. As I walked up to my new home and turned the locks on the back door, I noticed it still wasn't opening. After the lock and the dead bolt, nothing was happening...and then I realized our third lock, which you can only turn from INSIDE was locked....LOCKED OUT at 3 am. Not losing hope, I got back in my car and drove around front, thinking the light may have been left on in the front...I saw the light was on and went to try my key...i realized my key wasn't turning and all of the sudden, I hear this deep, "Who's there?" which scared the beegeeses out of me, for lack of a better term. I realize I'm standing on a hot pink door mat with a red heart-we DON'T own one of those. I yell to the voice, "What house number is this?" figuring out that when I got to the front of the house, out of hopefulness, I went next door. Dang it. So I went to the front of MY house and tried the locks in front. Lock. Deadbolt, dang it. The inside lock is on in the front too. Now my dear roommate Elizabeth sleeps in the front bedroom so I figured I'd have more success banging in the front of the house to wake her up. All this time I've been calling her over and over on the cell phone to no avail...not to mention banging on windows, back door, and now front door...Ringing the doorbell over and over and banging on our front door...still no Elizabeth-it's been about 20 minutes now...and did I mention it's about 35 degrees? As a last resort, I started knocking on Elizabeth's bedroom windows and I hear some kind of muffled sound....She's awake! The light comes on and a sleepy Lizbeth appears. VICTORY!!!!!!!! I think it was one of the funniest moments I've had in weeks...
On another note, I'm an officially certified barista! My job is great, now it's just getting enough hours! Let me know your thoughts on this story, I think it's hilarious. Have a good one!

4 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Couldn't get in the house.

Knocked on the door. Couldn't get in.

Knocked on the window. Got in.

And that's the most hilarious thing that's happend to you in WEEKS??

Have you ever contemplated suicide?

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'm Glad your job is going great! The comment above mine is not very nice! I thought your story was quited funny! Kelly Nall your great!

love you,
Melissa Hosey

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Ryan Price said...

I just love that you went to the wrong house at 3 in the morning. I would have peed all over myself when I heard a random voice and realized what I had down.

Little things that make life interesting...

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is such a cute story! i love the part about the doormat and the deep voice. I am glad your roomie was awake. love you, jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home