Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Little Chunkers aka Chaney



This is my adorable sister Chaney, or little chunkers. Ok so she's not that little, she's 21. Chaney is absolutely wonderful and just got back to A&M after a semester off with mono. I'm TOTALLY excited about the fact that she just joined LH and will be coming to Hope Group and getting plugged in...so for all you LH bloggers, if you see her around feel free to say hi! I think Chaney is one of the funniest people i know. really. She'll play off that she's shy, don't be fooled. And keep in mind, these are real conversations we've had.

Example 1: Christmas Day, I'm working on a puzzle I got with Hello Kitty on it.

Chaney watching me: Do you think Hello Kitty is a boy or a girl?

Me: A girl, she has a bow!

Chaney still in deep thought: maybe it's ambidextrous...oh wait, i mean neutered?

Example 2: today we're going to lunch and in Dallas we live about 2 miles away from SMU, but we're in College Station at the moment.

Text Message from Chaney: i have a break from 12:30-2:20. Wanna pick me up in front of moody (moody colliseum is smu's colliseum)?

My text: moody?

Chaney: collseum. duh.

My text: you mean g rollie? we don't go to smu.

Chaney: WAHAHAHAH.

Example 3: At Black Eyed Pea back in the day with the fam.

Chaney: I don't like mashed potatoes.

Mom: You must be a communist because all Americans like mashed potatoes. :)

Chaney: commUNists (she pronounces it like coh-mewnists) live in newbraska.

This receives lots of blank stares from the family, followed by lots of laughing:)

Just a few things about sweet Chaney. She's pretty entertaining, and pretty great, so get to know her!
And the name Little Chunkers? When she was little, her Sunday school teacher couldn't get her to speak up so she thought her name was candy, then chancy, and then chunky. It stuck and became her instant messenger name and pine cove name:)


I'm on the job hunt right now...i think it's going to be tutoring and subbing...but I will keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home