Sunday, September 09, 2007

Pondering...

So I've been thinking a lot the last few days, and I've come to a strange conclusion. I have a problem. Okay, it may not be a problem, but I don't know what else to call it. When I see people I'm really excited to see, like beyond excited, I have absolutely nothing to say to them. My heart is so happy to be with them, that I lose all train of thought. The second I walk away, I have a million things to say to them and to talk to them about, but while in person, my mnd goes blank. Case in point: church. I get SO excited to see some of my most favorite people in the world and yet, I open my mouth, and nothing comes out. I think a lot of it comes from the fact that I skipped the awkward middle school years and I think I'm making them up at the age of 24 (which is totally ok, but really funny to me). I see people who are some of the greatest blessings, maybe people I haven't seen in months, and I'm just so happy to BE with them. So it's not a huge problem, give me a while and I can compose myself and my brain returns to actually ask them that question I was wondering about their life the last week, month, whatev. But I just want you to know, if you encounter me and I have little to say but I can't stop smiling and am very happy, it's you. Even if I can't get my brain to work correctly, I like you a whole lot, and I'm just being an awkward teenager at the age of 24. :) One of my favorite conversations in college consisted of a friend of mine and I talking for a few minutes and then I looked at them, my mind completely blank, and said, "I'm sorry, I have nothing left to say. You're great and I'm so glad to have seen you." and with that they said, "Awesome, me neither. See ya later!"

But then there's the flip side. Sometimes I can't be quiet. So just know, my brain has its own schedule and sometimes I don't get it myself. Does this ever happen to anyone else? Comment. Go. All 3 of you. :)

3 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger D.O. said...

I sometimes find myself leaving the presence of someone I've got many questions for without having asked many of them. I feel you. Then I usually go home and email them said questions.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger lo said...

i'm not revisiting the awkwardness of jr. high, i'm pretty sure i never came out of it. i feel ya love.

i'm calling you soon, promise

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well. Let me see. I am 53 and I still have awkward moments. Maybe you inherited an 'awkward' gene. :) Remember how horrible Meg Ryan feels in You've Got Mail when she thinks of terribly rude things to say at the right time. Silence is golden! Love you a lot!!! mommy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home