Friday, September 14, 2007

Proverbs 13:12!!!!!!!!! By Faith!

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." Well...so it's been kind of a frustrating last few weeks in terms of the whole job thing. Being back in College Station has been amazing, with my roommate Miss Ashley Baldridge soon to be Mrs. Landon Carl and lots of my other favorite people, including the LH goers. We have entirely too much fun together! But as we've gotten settled in, I'd been working on my substitute teaching papers...I guess what I'd figured i'd be doing this year. I just have known that I'm supposed to be in CS this year, be in the schools somewhere, and God said "We'll work that out later. By faith...". SOOOO with that, this week I was sitting in Shepherd Group talking about my most recent climbing adventure with Mr. Derrick Oliver, commenting on the fact that we were both jobless as on that day. And lo and behold, God drops. Literally, Miss Bekah Gooden turns to me and tells me that they have an assistant aide position at Kemp Elementary, and they're looking for someone with a teaching degree to fill it. This is Tuesday evening...Fast forward, I have an interview at 9am this morning...it lasts 17 minutes and my thought is this could be really good or not so good. I LOVED the principal, the school, the teachers, the aides I'd be working with, everything! After my interview, I went to chill with Mrs. Kelly Williams and 2 of her clan and Mrs. Ashley Kinnard and her 2 as well. After spending some delightful time with them, I received a phone call...I got the job! Whoop! I'm so thankful. Most of the Bryan kids at Saturday night service are from Kemp so I'll get to know them really well, I get to be in the schools, I have a job that provides, I get to work with tight people, the list could go on. But more than anything I'm just so thankful. So overwhelmingly, totally, thankful for this gift and for the body that prayed about all of this for me. Gosh I love you people! I still don't know many details, just that I'll be working with Resource and doing one-on-one and small groups! I find out more on Monday, but I don't think I start til Tuesday because I'm taking a teaching test monday morning to be officially certified!

2 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger SaraEaker said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU GOT A JOB!! Mostly, because selfishly...I LOVE THAT YOU ARE HERE!! It warms my heart to see you at church! I am glad I got to come over and spend a girls night with you and your lovely roomate and others last night to! You are such a joyful, friendly person, and you bring great joy into my life. Praise God for your job!

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay my little kelly! I love you, mommy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home