Saturday, October 06, 2007

Sweetness.

So the most fabulous little boy Jalen made my day on Friday. We, meaning the first graders, filed into the library to watch the computerized Randie the Racoon talk about recycling...they were pretty mesmerized to say the least...and so was i:) My head aide, Jeanie, had our student sitting in her lap in front of me while we were sitting on the floor watching the presentation. Now Jalen and I's previous contact had amounted only to the idea that he talked when I had bus duty in the morning and so after repeated warnings I had to lead him, crying, to the wall to sit and face so he wouldn't talk. So here we are watching Randie the Racoon and I see this little boy in front of me lean on Jeanie and then after a moment spot me behind her. I'm sitting indian style mind you, and this little guy scoots back so his back is leaning on my legs. Then in one foul swoop he scoots up into my lap, grabs my arms and guides them to embrace his little body and interdigitates his little fingers inbetween mine for the next 45 minutes. At first I wasn't even sure if it was him, but I got him to spell his name which confirmed my thoughts. My heart was so blessed by the simplicity of this child wanting to be loved. This is how I am with the Lord, pride aside. I just want to sit in his lap, arms wrapped around me, and just be.

2 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger lo said...

i like what you are learning in having your job.

i would like it too if you would call me back sometime

i love you!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger lo said...

remember how you used to tell me
'study study schools your buddy'?

i still disagree :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home