Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WOOOOOOOOOO!

Yep, that's the title. I was talking to my dear friend Simone today about how miraculous God is about the way he heals our bodies! The fact that 8 weeks ago, they cut me open, took out my guts, and sewed me back up is crazy (still!). But what's even cooler is the fact that I can do practically the same things I could do 8 weeks ago-maybe not quite as intensely, but I can still do them...

For example, today and yesterday i went CLIMBING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes, it deserves many exclamation points! Don't worry, on the crazy reach parts i did it the easy way so nothing would pull very hard and i'm fine!

Last Friday, I ran 2 miles!

I can go to work all day every week day. It's glorious!

I can wear all my clothes now! No more alternating the same two pairs of pants! Sweet.

I've even had sushi for my first time. Oh the craziness!

Layne's is TOTALLY in the near future. It's been calling my name since the hospital, fried food just hasn't been my digestive system's preference:)

Other exciting things going on: I think I'm going to take some of my Kemp kids rock climbing at the wall! 10 year olds on the wall: this should be very entertaining! I will definitely post when that happens.

I read Josh Harris's Stop Dating the Church. Everyone needs to read this book! It's phenomenal and my little sister is reading it now-and she is obsessed too. It reiterates The Great Commandment-Love God, Love People.

And because this is adorable I have to write about it...I greet the buses every morning at 7:15. There is the cutest 1st grader at Kemp named Colby. Every morning he is the first one in his class off the bus and gets the stack of paper off the corner of his class's table, and then puts one piece of paper in front of where each child will sit. No other child does this! Then he sits and colors by himself til everyone gets there. It makes me smile every morning. :)

3 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Woooooooooooooo, God is good and I am excited that you are back doing the things you love...I also love that you are not taking them for granted, realizing that it is only because of the Lord that you can do these things in the first place!!

Sweet story, it made my heart happy.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm physically well and I've been alternating between two pairs of pants for 4 years...

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Jimmy B said...

Kelly, you are amazing. Running, climbing and working. And an inspiration. Please also, be careful. It is great to see God heal you so quickly.

Jimmy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home