Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Pride Taking A Beating...


Yep, my pride has taken a beating.

I haven't been able to do practically anything by myself until recently.

And I realized yesterday and today how embarrassed I've been about it.

I am ridiculous.

When I am weak, He is strong.

Oh how slow to learn I am.

I am so blessed by parents who will do anything to help me get better!

They help me shower, fetch my computer for me (my macbook is too heavy), put in movies for me, unscrew my juice tops, read Scripture to me (even Psalm 119-thanks mom:), rinse out and switch barf buckets for me, etc...you get the picture.

I stepped on a scale today and the official weight loss so far is between 10-15 pounds, which is funny. I could care less about my weight and am so much more concerned about just being healthy and living in a way that pleases the Lord. But still, I thought that was interesting, because I'd been wondering... I think I look emaciated:) I can't do a whole lot about it!

I'm staying far away from Vicatin b/c we think that may have contributed to my throwing up new year's!

Today I had rice, bread, applesauce, and a banana, with lots of juice and gatorade-and it's all still down. Thank you Jesus!

I've been feeling puny some today but food totally redeems. I have a hard time being restless at home and sitting in one place all day with laps around the house once an hour, but the Lord is making me thankful. Like I said, I'm SLOW to learn. Thank you so much for your prayers...you have no idea how much I need them/appreciate them.

And Kathryn, THANK YOU for putting up Psalm 34 on your blog a few weeks ago...I was blog stalking you :) and it's stayed in my mind and been at the forefront of my mind through all of this!

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Praise the Lord...He is SO faithful.

It is funny, because 34 is my favorite Psalm and that morning I was sitting at the table reading it and I got this overwhelming feeling that I needed to post how I feel about this Psalm.

I love it and I love that you have tasted and seen that the Lord is good and bless you that you are taking refuge in Him!!

I am praying for you sweet girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home