Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day 7: A week ago today...


This time last Saturday I was headed to the gym with my sister Chaney. We ran and did crunches. Today? Today I can get out of bed myself and walk up and down the hall 8 times in one day and go to the bathroom myself. Funny how life changes just like that! But ya know, this has been such a hard and yet gloriously humbling week. I've had to be completely dependant. My parents are champs, one of them has slept up here with me every night this week. I couldn't do anything when I came out of surgery at all. Today is a momentous day because I got FOOD. Well really "liquid diet" for breakfast. But still, I haven't eaten since last Saturday! So this morning? Jello never tasted so good. Jello, chicken broth,some icey thing, and apple juice (which I love!). I really love jello so i was excited that it was the first food i got to eat. I think the stomach has been more than ready for it:) Then I found out i get my staples out today! My stomach has a 5 inch long scar that runs vertical to my belly button with staples (like you use in a classroom) holding my stomach together along with many stitches. The staples come out today! Don't worry, there's no anesthesia...I still have little dots on my stomach from last time they took them out when I was 7. This is essential to happen for me to keep healing. When they told me this morning they were taking them out, I got really nervous. Then immediately the Lord reminded me that this is so how we are with him. He wants to heal us and completely redeem us but we are so okay where we are in our completely pathetic state that we are willing to just stay wounded so we can stay comfortable. He came to set us free and we just want to stay where we are. So good. Then my precious Daddy (Mark, not my heavenly dad) read to me from the Bible like he and mommy have done so graciously all week. My parents are awesome. Today the sun is absolutely gorgeous. Surprisingly I have a really good view of Dallas which is good. DO NOT READ IF YOU GET GROSSED OUT EASILY:) My doctor just came in and told me that during my surgery they took out my intestines that were basically in a blanket of scar tissue. They took them out of me put them on a table and "beat them up". Then they put them back in me once they got the kinks out. He told me another astounding fact but that will be a new and different post tomorrow! And I might get to go home tomorrow! This is the today picture...i need to wash my hair-i'll get my nurses to work on that:)

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger the blogivers said...

If you like Jello, you need to come visit us in Salt Lake City... this is the Jello capital of the world! :)

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Ryan Price said...

KELLY!

I didn't know about this until I saw your cheery face up there in a hospital gown!!

I'm really sorry... I pray that things are getting better for you, and that you will be home in a jiffy.

This just means that I need to be checking in on people's blogs more often! Look how much you can miss!

Take care...
Ryan

 
At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to know you're doing better. Now, go home! And yes, you have awesome parents!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home