Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Hello from the Hospital!

So about 17 years ago, my colon got twisted in a knot. I was in 2nd grade. I felt like I had gas that whole night and found out otherwise at the emergency room the next day. Fastforward to this past Saturday morning I ran 4 miles. So Saturday night, I felt like I had gas, then I started throwing up....and lo and behold, I had kinks in my small intestine aka blockage in them. So Sunday morning I was admitted to have surgery at Presbyterian in Dallas on my small intestine. They took them out, unkinked them, and put them back in. Now it's Tuesday Christmas Day and I"m just hanging out in my room at the hospital. I'm really out of it still-sorry i've been on morphine since sat evening and just got access to my computer. Amazing friends like my HOPE group, an email from butch, and some of my fellow Dallas believers and Dallas ministers have been visiting me. Such a blessing. If anyone is actually reading this, please pray for my walking, my intestines healing, and this nose tube that goes through my nose to my esophagus. My parents are so good and have been with me the whole time and my sisters have visited a lot. The visitors have made my day! And my roommate just walked in!!! I love Ashley! The Lord is SO good. I'm dead to the world but am so filled with thankfulness:) I've been living off of Psalm 34 the last few days. Feel free to call my cell phone-someone in my family will answer. Merry Christmas! One day at a time! And Psalm 146 and 147 are so good too.

2 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger texasmcvays said...

The McVays (we go to church with you!) we will pray for you today! Have a Merry Christmas....I'm glad to here you are recovering
Kyle

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at Kyle being sneaky, readin' everyone's blogs. I like it.

I also like your style, Kelly. I thought that post was fun. Probably more fun for me than it was for you.

Also, you forgot to put a picture of your tangled intestines.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home