Monday, December 31, 2007

5% ???? 5%!!!!



So I am home! I went home yesterday (Sunday) and today is New Year's Eve. I am currently eating (yay!), sitting, taking vicatin, reading, watching tv,attempting to have a bowel movement (yes I said it-that's the reality of your life when they take out your 22 foot long small intestines and beat them up), and trying to learn to walk and move again. Sleeping on your back is really not my thing. Thank you for any and all encouragement...I need it! Being at home especially is harder because nothing is in one place so I have to move a lot more and sadly my bed stays in one place. This induces lots of new pain I haven't encountered yet. I tell you these things to inform you of the reality of what I actually deal with daily right now, not to complain. And my mind has been blown by the sovereignty of God, really. My doctor told me yesterday before he casually walked out the door that there is only a 5% chance of this happening twice to someone, and a 5% chance of it ever happening at all. WOW. Well, 1) it's happened 2) it's happened TWICE! I don't have a clue as to what it means, but I do know that the sovereignty of God is all over that. It pretty much blows my mind to think about. Please pray for healing-at 3 weeks I'll have 50% strength, and at 6 weeks-i'm cleared to play NFL Football (literally, my doctor said that:). I'm trying to figure out when the best time to go back to work is too. I'm going to miss at least a week, but we move around a LOT so we need lots of wisdom on the when. And also, I am not sleeping through the night very well. I think those are the main ones. If you are in Dallas I love visitors. We can sit and talk! I want to see the Lord move while I'm at home too, not just at the hospital with all the new friends I made, but in my house. And it can seem kind of defeating at times. Anway, here are the last 2 pics from yesterday and today! (Maybe I look better?:)

6 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I am praying for you sweet girl...hey, you are in the top 5%...way to go!!!
Glory to God for bringing you through this twice.
Sorry I am not in Dallas to visit, but know you are covered in prayer.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly Nall!!!! I haven't checked up on you in weeks and I come back to find this?? Your spirit of thankfulness is so cool. Thanks for sharing that, girl! I hope you are having a fantastic New Years and I'll call you soon. Love ya!!!

Via

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Simone said...

You are so beautiful! Of COURSE I'll come visit--you just say when! And good luck on that bowel movement thing. Back when I thought I had a parasite, there was some unusual pain so, in a way, I can sympathize. :-) I love you!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

Glad you're home! We wish we could see you. Keep getting better!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Yay Kelly! I'm so glad you're home! :)

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, its great that you're getting better. I'm sure in a few weeks you'll be back on the climbing wall at the Rec. My brother talked me into buying my own harness and shoes so maybe I'll see you there. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers. Get better soon and have a great day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home