Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Oh Good Times!


Well, yesterday and today have been interesting...I threw up bile about 10 times last night, along with all I ate yesterday. Combine that with a 5 inch scar and it equals a lot of unpleasantry. Basically last night was kind of scary, because if I had been in pain and throwing up, we would have gone back to the hospital. So we called the doctor and he said that most likely my stomach just hadn't caught up to all the food I'd eaten. I did have a bowel movement though! Today we went back to square 1. Juice and Jello. BUT no more throwing up! Praise the Lord! Now, we think I may be getting a cold because my immunity system is so out of wack. Thank you for your prayers and please keep praying. Sitting in one place all day and then getting sick and not being able to move gets really frustrating sometimes. I still have about 4 1/2 weeks until I'm completely healed according to the doctor. Highlights of the day do include seeing Elise and Jonny (the newly engaged couple!) and actually getting some good sleep in the LA-Z Boy last night-I think I may sleep better in it than in my bed right now... Now for the things to be thankful for list:

1. I had a bowel movement!
2. I stopped throwing up!
3. Throwing up made stomach muscles that hadn't been stretched yet, move some extra so I've had more mobility today (not the way I would've done it, but you know)
4. I have wonderful friends.
5. I have wonderful family who will even help me shower and dress when I am too weak.
6. I have a wonderful Jesus family too that loves me and prays for me too.
7. Elise brought me really pretty tulips (I'm kind of a flower freak)
8. I can turn over onto my side to sleep now!!!!
9. I can open my laptop (that magnet opening on the macbook has been killer!)
10. My laps around the house (my exercise) are becoming more frequent and longer (than like 1 minute)

Please continue to pray for a heart of thankfulness! Thank you for reading this and for praying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home