Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Doctor Check Up


Today I went to the doctor, and in 10 days I'm cleared to do anything that feels "good" (and if it doesn't, don't do it again). Those were his words at least! 10 days from now will be the 4 week marker. This is when I think we're going to attempt the move back to cstat.Her Hands starts that Sunday, so I'll be there, don't worry Heather!

Yesterday, I got my haircut, which was my first outing since leaving the hospital! Thus the straight hair-I don't have the motion to dry and straighten the hair myself right now. Just like every day, I'm a little stronger today than the day before! Let me tell you, those doors at the hospital are heavy! I almost couldn't get in the bathroom because I couldn't open the door. Going to the gastrointestinal doctor is entertaining at the age of 24, everyone else is at least twice my age. They all stare at you, wondering why you're there. I find it hilarious:)

I've moved out of only being able to sit in the recliner to being able to sit in all chairs in our house-the padded ones longer than the stiff ones of course.

I can stand up 90-100% straight for 2/3 of the day now, so I don't look like quite so much of a hunchback! Chaney really likes to make fun of how I look like an 80 year old lady.

I've also done away with my 5 pillows on my bed and am down to the normal 1 and can sleep on my left side wonderfully-still working on the right side.

I'm also cleared to shower without Saran Wrapping/masking taping my stomach which is nice. That means my Steari Strips (cloth strips currently holding my stomach together over the stitches) will get to fall off soon and I actually get to see my gash. It reminds me of a cantaloupe that got dropped and has a crooked break in it. (My mom groans every time I say that:)

I got to eat fajitas today which were wonderful! Food is staying down and I'm feeling good. I'm so thankful that my pain has been minimal and taken away any need for Vicatin (probably the cause of my New Year's throw up disaster).

Everyone medical keeps thinking I should be hurting much more than I do, and I just am not hurting that bad! Not that i'm necessarily wishing to hurt worse, but I'm so thankful that I have not been in tons of pain. I just thought it would be worse.

I keep looking at Job a lot right now and something in 2:10 keeps going through my head as I'm still processing all of this in my brain...the whole why me? what's going in with all this Lord kinda thing? After his material things and family have been destroyed and he's been covered with sores from head to toe, his wife says "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!"

I LOVE how Job responds...

"You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" It's given me a lot to think about... The Lord gives us all tests, and He doesn't waste his tests. Each one has purpose.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

He deserves all the praise for healing you so quickly.

I keep getting this feeling that He is allowing this little suffering now instead of a great suffering if this had happened when you were older.

The Divine intervention is so obvious, that you were at home with your parents, you are young and healthy...it is so great!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home