Sunday, January 13, 2008

Woo for 3 Weeks!

Welp, today is 3 weeks after surgery, and according to the doctors I'm at 50%. I've gotten to where I have "outings" every day to hopefully increase my stamina. Today my outing was particularly exciting because I got to go to church! Sadly not LH, I miss you people!!!!! But nonetheless, I got to hang with believers and worship Jesus with them at the church I grew up in. I held up pretty well and it was just so exciting to go and be with other believers and worship. I haven't been to church in a month because I either was in the hospital or couldn't sit in a church seat for that long (not enough cushion).

Chaney's back at A&M so my house is a little bit more chill with just the parentals and me. I can somewhat function normally in the everyday things which is good. Mom and Dad still win the awesome caretaker awards. I had steak last night!!! That's the first beef I've had. It's funny, the staples I had on my scar leave dots and I figured out that they aren't in line with the dots I have from my surgery when I was 7. So I now have multiple dot lines on my stomach...I find it funny, but then again, I'm very easily amused, especially right now.

I'm not going to lie and say everything about this is easy, because it's not. I would much rather be in Cstat hanging at Kemp and chilling with my LH family and rock climbing buddies but I'm not.

However, this morning the Lord just overwhelmingly confirmed what he's been telling me this whole time. He's here. He's not leaving. He loves me. This has purpose. It's ok that I don't understand the why behind this exact thing. We will be tested on this earth in every way, but we've been told from Day 1 that we'll be tested in this world. We're also told that as the sufferings of Christ flow into our lives, the comfort of Christ overflows. And it does. Only God can explain how my pain the last few weeks has been hard, but not unbearable. Only God can explain how I was able to get off Vicatin cold turkey, two days after leaving the hospital because it was making me throw my guts up. There's so much more but that's just a start...

He's sovereign. I'm thankful it was fixable. It didn't have to be. That's all I got. One day at a time.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Amen Kelly!

Brock and I will definitely keep you in our prayers and we can't wait to see you when you return!

I'll be waiting for updates- keep leaning on our so very strong Lord!

Megan

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Meg Urbanek said...

Oh my goodness Kel...I had no idea...I haven't stayed up on my BLOG reading!!! I miss you dearly and hope things are going well. Lots of Love
Meg (a.k.a. Mrs. Urbie)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home