Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back in the Stat

Well, I'm back in College Station! It's been an interesting week...I've gotten to see my church family which has been BEYOND exciting! I'm working half days at school-but don't worry, I'm not disciplining AJ or playing football right now.

New developments/Observations...I can stand and walk for decent amounts of time, but then I need a rest.
My cloth strips over my scar have all come off, so it is officially in the open-to me that is:)
Wearing a seatbelt is getting a lot less painful!
I can drive successfully and don't feel too ADD.
I'm getting lots of reading in because I'm sitting a lot.
I am cooking a little bit but standing by the end of the day is really tiring
Aj didn't believe I had surgery, so I had to show him my scar.
I've read 300 pages in the last 2 days.
Now that I can see my belly button, I know that they didn't change the shape of it through surgery...it's cinammon roll shaped...and I like it:) I was concerned. I mean who wouldn't be?
I am healing more everyday. Thank you Jesus!
I'm not quite as slow as 80 year old people any more.
I've only gotten one hug from a kindergartner where he put his face on my stomach...that was a scary moment but it was ok!
I still feel like I'm in a bit of fog mentally right now
One day at a time...

Today I'm at 75%! Whoop!

3 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Praise the Lord!!

God is good.

I am glad you are back and I am praying for the other 25%

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Jimmy B said...

It is great to see you back. And do be careful!

Jimmy

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly...do rest often. your mommy wishes you were still here so she could take care of you. at least i could fix your food and buy your groceries! remember to eat lots of fruits and vegies! love you lots, jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home