Tuesday, June 24, 2008

6 months! Whoop! Praise the Lord!

So, 6 months ago yesterday, and today (and the next 5 days:), I was laying in a hospital bed learning how to move again. Read about all the cool stuff physically that has happened since then:

-I can walk FAST, run, etc.
-I can sleep normally
-I can do any and all excercises and sleep on the stomach
-I can eat what I want:)
-On a totally unrelated note, I officially do NOT have asthma and never have! Thanks to the amazing Dr. Bacak, we discovered that I've been misdiagnosed for the last 5 years...so instead of $130 a month on meds I don't need and that don't work, I am on one amazing little pill...and I've NEVER felt better! God is a miracle worker for sure...nothing is too hard for him (Lk 1:37).
-I can climb, boulder, backpack, hike, rappel
-I can sit on the floor again and not in a soft chair all the time (but I do like those)
-I no longer have to carry my pillow for back support
-I am no longer a hunchback unless it's just my bad posture
-My body works better than it has my whole life!

If those aren't things to be excited about, I don't know what is:) The Lord is doing some tight things around this place. I am so thankful to be apart of them. Going back to the basics is a huge lesson in thankfulness. We take so much for granted.

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

A HUGE Praise the Lord!!

It was really great to see all of the things that He taught you and to learn more myself that we can not take this life, and our bodies, for granted!!!

I like the soft chairs too.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Sweet Kelly,

I am SO glad you are healing. Seems like you've had quite the trial, but are praising the Lord's name through it :) I hope everything else is going well!

LOVE YOU!

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're not cripple. You're cool.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

What great news!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home